Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Has Mother Nature been drinking....??

I'm not sure where you might be from as you read this post, but here in Ontario we are experiencing a very late Spring! It's been cold, and quite windy this past week. We even had some snow!! (thankfully it didn't last long on the ground, but still !! ) I am sooooo ready for some sunshine and warmth, aren't you ?? Someone please tell Mother Nature to stop whatever it is she's doing and concentrate on Spring please ? lol.... please ?

This past weekend I spent some time at a local Scrapbook store cropping with my friend Lyn. We were there for 12 hours and I made two cards. LOL yes, only 2! But I had fun socializing and laughing. This was Lyn's first time cropping at a store. I hope she will join me again sometime, it was a fun day. This coming weekend I am attending Scrapfest. It is a big scrapbooking event. 2 full days of cropping that will include a pass to the market of vendors. You don't have to do the crop--you can purchase tickets just for the vendors, but this year I decided to attended the crop as well. I'm really looking forward to it. I have a list of cards I need to make and hope to at least get 6 cards done over the 2 days. That will be quite a feat for me LOL... cuz somewhere in there I have to leave time for eating and shopping. Wish me luck !!

Then the next weekend I am going to a friend's house with 2 other friends to scrapbook for the day as well. We all bring a dish of some sort of sharing nibbly and we play away !! Love it. This group is always full of laughs. It's great to be able to just be who we are and no pretending or 'best behaviour'.... we can just be goofy or show up in our pj's and its all good. Looking forward to it very much ! Haven't seen a couple of the girls in quite some time.

Let's see..... after that I think is a free weekend. So far anyways. And the weekend after that is National Scrapbook Day. I am celebrating the day at The Scrapping Bug in Kitchener. I'm looking forward to that day as well. Let's face it, I could scrapbook/make cards every weekend LOL. It's my passion. I enjoy making cards to give to others.

Then..... the weekend after that I head up north to Huntsville. We have a timeshare at the Deerhurst Resort. Our townhouse is in the far corner of the property closest to the water. I absolutely love it up there. It's only a 3.5 hour drive from where I live. I get to spend an entire week up there making cards as much as I like and going for walks, listening to the loons.... not of course if the poor things are FROZEN due to the lack of SPRING ! LOL... It's also only a 30 minute drive to a National park and often we see moose munching on the new wild grass growing in the ditches at the side of the highway. They are sooo cool to see up close. Once, a few years ago, Neil and I went for a drive at the crack of dawn through the park in search of a moose. We saw a few at the side of the highway so we drove past them a bit and turned around. We pulled off the highway and parked....sipping our morning coffee and watching the moose across the highway from us. I picked up my coffee....took a sip and at the same time turned my head to the right to look into the woods.....and almost spit my coffee on the entire inside of my window! Staring me in the face was a young female moose!!! If my window was down, I could've petted her nose, that's how close she was ! I think I startled the poop outa her as well, cuz she bolted across the highway like she was being chased. Me, on the other hand, sat in our truck choking on my coffee and laughing my head off. I hope to see a moose or two this year when I go. I can never get enough of seeing them up close.

Today I spent some time in my craft room making some tags to go along with the cards I made yesterday for Pointer Scrapbooking . These stamps are so cute and different. Be sure to check their site out !





 

 
 
All the cards and tags were coloured using Copics, DieNamics dies, Spellbinder and Joy dies. Sentiments are handwritten and LilioftheValley. Studio Calico wood pieces, Martha Stewart punch and mixed flowers.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy crafting.........
 
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment